Shooting my Fuji GW690iii with wide format 35mm film like an Xpan ….

I have always fancied an Xpan but like most film cameras especially so called “top end” cameras they demand bonkers money.

So when I got my hands on my Fuji GW690iii I remembered a post over on Emulsive showing how to shoot 35mm film giving you panoramic images similar to an Xpan.

So recently I performed the modification which is totally reversible and went out to shoot a roll of Fuji Sensia 200 just to see if it worked.

My framing was a bit hit or miss and I decided to scan the frames to show the sprockets  which was a little awkward on my Epson v500 but I managed it eventually.

Here is the link to the original article if you are interested, I didn’t think there was any point just repeating it on my blog as EM writes far better than I 🙂 … TEXPan ……

Well here are the images … Overall I was pretty happy with the results which look great when you first pull them out of the tank as big slides, I managed to get 13 usable frames from a 36 exposure roll but did have bit of a light leak which only showed up when using this mod and is fine when I reverted the camera back to 120 🙂

All images on my blog are available as prints just drop me an email

I also have a film only blog over at  usingfilm.wordpress.com if you want a peek 🙂

Fuji Sensia 200 expired and scanning twice …..

I am really slacking with my photography this year … so far I have only managed to shoot 8 rolls and 3 of them were for the #fp4party.

I know that equates to 1 per week but this ratio is pretty poor for me and my blogging is also behind.

So this week I am hoping to get at least 2 posts done just to catch up …. here is the 1st … A roll of Fuji Sensia 200 that expired back in 2004 that I shot on a pretty dull afternoon using the Olympus OM2s, Zuiko 50mm f1.4 and developed using the Tetenal E6.

After development and subsequent scanning using the Epson v500 all the images had a slight magenta cast and due to a nasty curl quite a few frames didn’t appear very sharp.

So after deciding on which frames that I liked I rescanned them using the Plustek Opticfilm 8100 and Silverfast 8 software which gave far better results especially the sharpness due to the better film holder which keeps the film so much flatter.

I am not really sure if the magenta cast was due to my dev going off or just the film itself but it was very easy to remove in Lightroom.

Anyway here is a selection from the roll … there are a few shots containing Daffodil’s (National flower of Wales) which are blooming nice and early this year also my Obligatory end of roll Peg shot 🙂

 

Please click a photo to view larger

All images on my blog are available as prints just drop me an email

I also have a film only blog over at  usingfilm.wordpress.com if you want a peek 🙂