For Christmas my better half bought me a load of film some of which was motion picture stock.
I have shot a few of the daylight balanced ones but never tried using the Tungsten balanced before.
After reading up on the interwebs about what filter I would need when shooting in daylight with this film I realised that I didn’t have and 85A or 85B filter … the closest I had was an 81B so I loaded up my F100 and stuck the 81B on the 50mm f1.4 and went out to give it a go.
The day was a little overcast so I decided to rate the roll at 400 just to see how it performed as I have read that it can be shot at quite a few iso’s so 400 was in the middle.
I shot a varied set of subjects but didn’t manage to shoot a portrait as I shot the roll before I knew it …
I developed the roll at home in C41 chemistry after removing the remjet and was very happy with how they looked.
I am impressed with the sharpness and the nice grain.
The colours were a little subdued and cool which I am not sure if that was because of my development or rather the fact that I used an 81B instead of an 85.
I have now bought an 85A & 85B to try next time … also I will either buy some ECN-2 chemistry or get it developed in a lab to see what this film stock looks like in the proper chemistry.
Anyway thanks for looking ….
Click on an image to view larger
All images on my blog are available as prints just drop me an email
I also have a film only blog over at usingfilm.wordpress.com if you want a peek 🙂